Where has the time gone? Blogging is so time intensive that I really just don't have time to sit and get it done. However, I miss reading the record of our life. My memory is so blotchy at times and even though I try to sit and "soak up" every moment in efforts to remember it forever, I just can't.
First and foremost, I have decided to homeschool Gavin and Owen this coming school year. I felt pretty confident about homeschooling Gavin, but for some reason, feel very inadequate about schooling Owen, mostly because his skills are through play and doing and he needs soo much help with each task, I am afraid there won't be enough time to accomplish everything we need to and still have a life outside of the home. I am planning on continuing to work part-time, however, I don't want to work more than two days per week and ideally only one. On the days that I work, I will send Gavin's assignments to his grandmother's each morning.
This has been a big decision for Eddie and I, but after visiting and observing a classroom in our local public school and over a year of agonizing and many prayers, I finally feel at peace. Our plan is to reevaluate after one year(less actually, as we will need to come to a decision next spring) and do this each year.
Gavin graduated from kindergarten on May 21, 2009. I broke down during the ceremony when they showed all of the kids' baby pictures. It is really bittersweet to see all of these milestones happening. Pretty soon, he will be graduating from high school and I will wonder where all the time has gone. He was definately my hardest child. Not necessarily because of him but because of myself and my selfish desires. I willed him to sleep, to stop crying, to walk(so I wouldn't have to carry him), to eat solids(so I could stop buying formula), etc. Now, in each and every moment that passes, I will time to stop. Although I am thrilled with each of the milestones that the kids go though, I no longer will them to happen, as I now realize how precious and how fleeting time really is. Eddie's parents used to always tell us, "Don't wish your life away!" I never listened. I wanted to be married(now), I wanted a job(now), I wanted kids(now). Now, I have EVERYTHING I have ever wanted and am ready for time to stop. Pray with me as I try not to have "empty nest syndrome" before it's time. Pray that I will cherish each moment, but that my thoughts won't be filled with worry and dread due to the passing of time.
Emma Kate's first year has passed a lot faster than either Gavin or Owen's first year. (How does that happen, really? She is so smart and sweet. She can throw a ball really well, she loves to eat and will grab most anything away from you, she loves to get into trouble(i.e. play in the toilet, dig in my bathroom drawers, eat crumbs off the kitchen floor(the good thing about this is that it forces me to vaccum the floors more often) and scream in church). She can put caps on top of containers, clap, stand on her own, draw with sidewalk chaulk(though she loves to eat that, too), "drive" her toy car, and make a clicking sound with her tongue. She loves to hold babies(dolls) and loves to hold children as well(mostly boy children which is kinda scary). Her favorite toys are: the swimming pool, dolls, cars and trucks, fridge magnets, cell phones, remote controls, and my laptop. One of her favorite things to do is emptying the baby wipe box and then wiping the floor, toys, furniture, etc. all over the entire house. She is going to come in handy as soon as she can walk. ;)
Owen celebrated his fourth birthday last weekend. We have plans to go to the beach for his and EK's birthdays next week so we wanted to do the cake and presents here as our Durango will be loaded with gear as it is without having to bring along huge toys, balloons, cake, etc. He wanted everything having to do with firemen and fire trucks(something he has loved for awhile now)for presents, so I decided to call and see if we could get a tour of the local firehouse. They were more than happy with our request so we made plans to meet them and then have pizza afterwards with a firefighter cake. I invited several of Owen's friends, however, only Bennett was able to meet us there. We had also invited, Mack and Miles. The firefighters really outdid themselves. We were able to see the trucks,(the boys got in them) see them slide down the pole(Gavin slid down halfway, as it was too dangerous to slide all the way down), see their laundry room where they also hung their gear, and saw their living quarters. The guys also gave the kids a lesson on "Stop, Drop, and Roll" and put on their gear so that they would know not to be scared in the case of a real fire. They also had treats for the kids: firehats, erasers, stickers, tattoos, rulers, and glow sticks. It was a big hit with all the boys, especially Owen. We then stopped for pizza and cake and then headed back home to open his presents. He has been playing with his new firehouse and firetruck all week long and begs me to play with him as well. I have been working full-time this week and haven't been able to indulge him as much as either of us would have liked. Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to remedy that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment