At birth, Emma Kate weighed 7 lbs 15oz, was 20 inches long with a head circumference of 14 inches. She has now grown(a month later, with the help of breastfeeding and a tiny bit of formula) to 9 lbs 3 oz, 22 inches long and a 14 1/4 inch head. People always ask me if she is a good baby. I really don't like that question at all. It implies that newborns and infants are bad if they cry, don't sleep, etc. Emma Kate can be fussy at times(we think she has gas issues) but is normally very happy(as long as I am holding her). LOL. Needless to say, I bought a sling that I love. Unlike the boys, she wants nothing to do with her bouncer or swing. I can put her down on her tummy for a bit if she is in a deep sleep but normally if I put her down, she screams. I do this daily just to do a load of laundry, put dishes in dishwasher and get a quick shower. Of course, during that 20 minute period her cries follow me around the house(she is so sad at these moments). Even now, a couple seconds laying on her boppy has turned my calm, sleeping child into an awake, alert one that is starting to fuss at me. (I wanted to type a little faster. :) )
Newborn

Right now, she is nursing about every hour to 2 hours during the day and will sleep 3to 4 hours at a time at night. The other night she slept six and I woke up stressed out since I knew I hadn't nursed in that long. (I am always worried about my supply). She will turn to look at the boys if they get near her. They talk to her in a high-pitched voice and say things like: "hey pretty girl" or "you are so beautiful" or "cutie pie".
I love how they love her. She is also starting to take interest in toys, but gets over-stimulated very quickly. But, what girl wouldn't with two handsome young men fighting for her attention.
One month


1 comment:
She is so pretty! I love her tiny feet and toes!
Post a Comment