Friday, September 5, 2008

Gavin's First Day of Kindergarten



Gavin had a wonderful first day of school. I knew it would be an adjustment for all of us. Since Emma Kate was born, we have been sleeping in and staying up late. That all changed on Tuesday. It took a little coaxing, but once Gavin was fully awake, he popped out of bed and raced around the house getting ready for school. Last year, he drove me crazy since he was such a slow-poke the majority of the time. That, combined with my love of sleep meant we spent most mornings last year running late. I hope to change that this year, but so far, it isn't happening. Good intentions...

We walked him all the way in and to his classroom. Once he got to his class, he barely said goodbye before he raced inside. He had no apprehension at all this year. He is attending the same school that he attended for Preschool 3 and Preschool 4. I too, didn't feel any anxiety on his first day. I am comfortable with the school and having him leave us during the week. Next year, when he switches schools, I know that will all change. I know that I will be a nervous wreck.

We picked him up and he didn't want to come home. LOL I told him that he had the whole year to catch up on all the things he still wanted to do. I am thrilled that he loves it and that he is so happy there. I hope he has a great year and is prepped well for the first grade.

Pictures from last year

Man, I didn't realize how much he has changed.




First Day of Three Year Old Preschool

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Oh, he is just scrumptious. I love little boys! He's adorable, Kristi.