I have heard the kids say so many times this weekend, "This is the best day of my life". Sometimes, I feel like the kids can get ungrateful and expect too much since if they get a new toy they always want another and another and then it is not enough that we went somewhere fun yesterday if we don't do something fun today. However, all in all, they are very thankful for what they have(experiences and material). 

We started our weekend on Friday with a birthday celebration for Owen. We woke them up and Owen opened up a present(Gavin, too so he wouldn't feel left out) and then they played while Eddie and I got showers and ironed everybody's clothes. He got them dressed for me so we could hurry and then we headed to breakfast. (Note: this is about 10:30 am so it was a LATE breakfast). After breakfast we headed to Bounce Around for Owen's birthday treat. It is an indoor venue with bounce castles and slides, games, and a rock climbing wall. They were open for bounce from 11 am - 2 pm. We arrived at 12:00. The boys had lots of fun bouncing and just acting crazy(it is what they do best). Of course, Owen kept running from the camera and told me to "Go away" and "Top it"(stop it). At about 1 pm or 1:30, Owen bit down onto his tongue hard. It didn't bleed a whole lot, but it was a pretty deep gash and would open up like a book. The bounce place was out of town and here I am trying to figure out if he needs stitches or not.


We started our weekend on Friday with a birthday celebration for Owen. We woke them up and Owen opened up a present(Gavin, too so he wouldn't feel left out) and then they played while Eddie and I got showers and ironed everybody's clothes. He got them dressed for me so we could hurry and then we headed to breakfast. (Note: this is about 10:30 am so it was a LATE breakfast). After breakfast we headed to Bounce Around for Owen's birthday treat. It is an indoor venue with bounce castles and slides, games, and a rock climbing wall. They were open for bounce from 11 am - 2 pm. We arrived at 12:00. The boys had lots of fun bouncing and just acting crazy(it is what they do best). Of course, Owen kept running from the camera and told me to "Go away" and "Top it"(stop it). At about 1 pm or 1:30, Owen bit down onto his tongue hard. It didn't bleed a whole lot, but it was a pretty deep gash and would open up like a book. The bounce place was out of town and here I am trying to figure out if he needs stitches or not.


Around 2 pm we left and headed home for lunch and cake. On the way, I called his Ped and then our family doctor(since the ped doesn't do stitches and would send us to the ER) to get him an appointment. We got him in at 3 pm and they decided that since his tongue was not separated at the bite(all the way through) that he did not need stitches. Whew!!! We headed to my mom's for cake and lunch and then let him open his presents there and play a bit. Then at home that night, he opened the rest of them. It ended up being a good birthday for him other than the tongue incident.
Just looking at this picture, I can smell and taste the cake. YUM!
I have never been swimming while pregnant before and didn't realize how weird the sensation would be. I got so used to being bouyant when I was in the water(up to my chest) that when I lifted myself out of the water I didn't think I could do it. It was like going from 90 lbs to 300 lbs. Very weird! Then in the water, my belly didn't hang like it usually does. It felt like it was floating. Then, instead of feeling hard, it was all squishy. It is just incredible to feel these different things.
Sunday, we spent the day much like Saturday. We slept in since we were up late at Mom's visiting with Ashley and Joe and then got up, did some cleaning, ate lunch, and headed out to the pool for the day. Very relaxing! The best part about it is that it gets the boys' energy out. They were exhausted at the end of the day. Yay! (Usually Gavin is bouncing off the furnture, literally).
Have I mentioned that I LOVE SUMMER!!!!



1 comment:
I think Eddie had more fun then the kids! =)
Post a Comment