Monday, December 31, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Gavin didn't go to sleep until after 12 am on Christmas morning. This made for a difficult and long night for Eddie and I. Actually, Eddie was a total sweetie and was up wrapping presents for the boys so I could go to bed. Gavin woke up around 9 or 9:30 Christmas morning hollering, "Santa Claus came"! Eddie and I just grinned at each other in bed. Then we heard Gavin tearing into his stocking so we had to hop up quickly and head for the living room. Poor Owen was so exhausted that we had to drag him out of bed with us.
The boys were really excited and Gavin immediately started tearing into his gifts. Owen, on the other hand, was more fascinated with his candy that filled his stocking. (That kid must have 15 sweet teeth in his mouth.) They really seemed to like their gifts, however there was a moment that I am not really proud of. Gavin had asked for three things from Santa: A Transformer Helmet, Optimus Prime action figure, and a Castle playset. However, the Castle was missing from his pile on Christmas morning(my mom bought it for him), when Gavin opened his third gift(A LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Letter Set), he said,"Aww...man, a learning toy...Santa Claus stinks". I kid you not! Now, it is pretty funny, but at the time I was mad and more than a tad bit irritated. We ended up having a major discussion about Jesus and the "true" spirit of Christmas. I am NOT raising spoiled, bratty kids.
So after the episode, we had breakfast and then Eddie and I brought the kids to the front porch to show them their surprise gift from us. They loved that thing. (Since then, several parts have broken or cracked and I have no idea what the company will do to fix it for us). Late that afternoon we went to my mom's house for dinner and presents there. She wrapped me up two baby girl outfits along with my gifts. ;) (I wonder if I will get to keep them.) On the way home, we went through the lights as a perfect way to end a perfect Christmas Day.

No comments: