Thursday, December 6, 2007

Singing Christmas Tree




An area church hosts a Singing Christmas Tree every year and provides free tickets. Since the boys are usually pretty quiet during regular church services, we decided that they would really enjoy the performance. The tree sings with lights and a live Nativity scene is presented. Both of the kids adore Christmas lights and I can't say enough how much Owen is enthralled with Baby Jesus.
The show ended up being really neat. The only complaint I have is that we sat in the balcony and the kids really couldn't see everything due to all the computer equipment and stage people that were in front of us. However, we brought candy for them so all was great. When the Nativity scene was presented, Owen started shouting out, "Baby Jesus, I see Him, I see Him." I was actually embarrassed and really just wished he would be quiet. However, reflecting a little on this moment, I have realized that not only should I not have been embarrassed, but should have that same joy for Jesus that keeps me from being quiet. I should have been shouting out my love for Him just like little Owen was. Jesus wanted the children to come to him and spoke out against the proper attitude of the Pharisees.

No comments: