Friday, December 7, 2007

Ralphie vs. Gavin

What is it with children and their fear of their dads?

Yesterday, Gavin ended up pitching a tantrum at Grandma's house when I picked him up on the way home from work. He did apologize and completely change his attitude on the way home, however, he asked me to "Please, please don't tell daddy how I acted mommy". Of course, I am not going to keep secrets from my husband, so I told him and told him what Gavin said. Then I asked him not to say anything to Gavin about it. So last night, he asked Gavin if he was good at Grandma's house. You should have seen Gavin, he looked at Eddie then looked at me, then realizing I wasn't going to tell on him, smiled a little and said "No"!

I couldn't help but think of Ralphie from The Christmas Story.

No comments: