Wednesday, March 12, 2008

25 Weeks

The aches and pains have begun. I keep feeling like one of my legs is moving out of its socket at my hip. The bed is not as comfortable as it once was. Hopefully once, Owen begins sleeping in his own bed I will sleep better as well. Eddie and I are both not as skinny as we once were and adding a 30 lb toddler doesn't help. ;p (Honey, I love you with more meat on your bones! Maybe we should get a King-sized bed! LOL)

Week Twenty-Five
The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
Your baby's nostrils begin to open
. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
His swallowing reflexes are developing.
Dexterity is improving.
Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm).

2 comments:

Joani said...

A King size bed is a must. Then you will have more room for those little night wakers.

Kristi Ann said...

How exciting to be expecting another little one.

Congratulations!