Saturday, March 22, 2008
Waaahh!
I just got the notice in the mail for my 3 hour glucose test. Obviously, I failed the 1 hour. This has never happened before and I wasn't worried about it at all. Now, I am worried sick. After I checked the mail, I immediately started researching Gestational Diabetes and threw out my dinner plans and headed to the grocery store. The kids eat a lot of carbs, so because it is easier, that is what I eat a lot of too. Well, I guess that is changing as of right now. I really should be doing this anyway regardless of the sugar levels. Sigh. I feel as if I am falling apart sometimes. I just want Emma Kate here and healthy. It just worries me since GD babies are at a higher risk for jaundice and both of my boys had it so bad anyway. Owen almost had to have a blood exchange. I am praying for good results at my next test. Eddie is going to go with me for support. I need your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hugs! FWIW, I've had GD twice and neither of my kids had jaundice. I have never heard of that as a complication from GD. Neither of them were giant babies either (6+ and 7+ lbs.)If you do get GD, it's really not so bad. I'll be praying that you pass your 3 hour test.
Post a Comment