Tuesday, May 27, 2008

36 Weeks...

I really feel so vain taking all these pregnancy photos, but my purpose is to document the changes in my body and the sheer miracle that is being pregnant. It is such a beautiful thing, even if I don't always feel beautiful.
These are variations on one pose. My friend edited them for me and I couldn't decide which I liked best.

Week Thirty-Six
Your baby is almost ready and most likely, so are you! The only organ still to mature is the lungs.
While certainly you are both growing anxious to meet, remember that each day (up to 42 weeks), that your little one stays within your womb will multiply his chances to breathe on his own.
If he hasn't already, this week your baby may drop into the birth canal. While breathing for mom becomes easier, walking may be the exact opposite! If he's not your first baby, this "lightening" may not occur until right before labor.
Fat is dimpling your baby's elbows and knees, and forming creases in the neck and wrists.
His skin is growing smooth and, shall we say it, "baby" soft.
His gums are very rigid
. It won't be many months before you'll see his teeth.
She has a fully developed pair of kidneys and her liver has begun processing some waste products.
Your child's average size is now 18.66 inches (47.4cm) and 5.78 pounds (2622 g). Between now and birth she will gain about an ounce a day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, your always beautiful in my eyes. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful in those pregnancy pictures Kristi. You are a beautiful pregnant woman. I'm so excited that you are so close to having the baby. Maybe you will have her on Lauren's birthday, June 18.:)

Ida said...

Not vain beautiful. You look so great pregnant. I love the belly.

Dani said...

Those shots are so beautiful.