Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Relaxing Weekend...

It was Memorial Day Weekend so Eddie and I both had Monday off work(well, I always have Monday off work :) ). Basically, we got some things accomplished that we had been putting off, organizing and cleaning and then just slept and hung out all weekend long. The boys have been getting extremely bored just being at home all the time. They are so used to getting out of the house EVERY day with school and being with other kids that they really don't know how to cope. It is too hot in the middle of the day to be outside much, but a little too cool to swim. We have been spending a lot of time indoors and then heading out to play in the evening. Bad thing is, that is when all the mosquitos and knats are outside as well. I am hoping that this weekend we can start hitting the pool. Today, I had a doctor's appointment(36 week, woot!) and afterwards we went to Chuck E. Cheese(I have been promising the boys) and then to Walmart to pick out Owen's birthday cake for Friday and get Gavin a bathing suit and then each boy a new beach towel(Gavin picked a guitar/rockstar one and Owen picked an animal pirate one) After about 20 minutes, Owen finally decided on a Tractor cake that includes a farm scene. His birthday is actually June 22nd, but with my due date on June 25th and then I went early with both boys, I wanted to make sure that he had a nice birthday that was entirely focused on him. So, we decided to do it this coming Friday, May 30. A little early, but according to him, he will be 3 that day and will know no difference. We are not doing a big party by any means and no theme. We are heading to an indoor bounce house then having pizza and cake(his favs) for lunch and then of course, presents. As far as presents go, the boys really have too much anyway so we are keeping it small. Owen is getting some truck pjs, a Monster Truck DVD, A Letter Factory DVD, and then a couple of trucks(one of which is an ambulance with flashing lights and sounds).
I go back to work for two days in the morning and then Friday morning we get to have fun. I am so hoping that we can make it to the pool on Saturday. I am really looking forward to being able to swim again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol its gnats not knats.