Thursday, May 1, 2008

Strawberry Land






Yesterday, we visited the strawberry farm in our area. We got a later start than I wanted since I had to take my car by the shop. It was making a loud noise that got worse when I entered a curve or slowed down. It turns out that it was my wheel bearing that needed to be replaced and was not covered under my extended warranty. UGH!!! 300.00 went down the drain. Of course, they wanted me to spend 1300.00 on this and that. I hate going to the dealership because of this. I feel like they try to take advantage of the fact that I am a woman. I feel so blessed and thankful that Eddie is there to take care of me in this area.
Mom met me at the dealership, so we could actually get to the farm and off we drove as I tried to not get too stressed over my car troubles. It was a decent ride in that mom and I were able to chat a little, but the boys fought over who was on whose side, who is touching who, and about the toys they brought with them. (Boy, I remember those days with Ashley when I was a little girl. I know Eddie remembers the same with his brother.) Once we got to the farm, Owen insisted he was NOT getting out of the car. Well, of course we couldn't leave him in the car so we drug him kicking and screaming up to the stand. I purchased the buckets and not knowing how long his fit would last, left him with mom as Gavin and I headed out in the fields to pick. We had to venture way out since the rows close to the stand were sparse. It was so funny because every strawberry that Gavin grabbed came with a stem about six inches long. Every strawberry that Owen grabbed ended up smushed a little. Owen finally decided to help pick once we filled our buckets. So, we bought another bucket. 16 dollars for me and 12 dollars for mom later, we still had strawberries falling out of our bucket. What did we do? We sat and ate strawberries(them not me, I won't eat them without washing them).

Fast forward to today, the boys won't touch the strawberries. Teehee. We have never had a garden so they haven't had the pleasure of making yourself sick of the fruits and veggies that are in season.

1 comment:

Joani said...

Those look so yummy, I wish we had something like that.