Tuesday, April 29, 2008

32 Weeks

I am in a general good mood about my pregnancy today. I am just so excited about our beautiful daughter coming. I never did think I would get to have a little girl and just can't wait to meet her and enjoy her. As I have said before, she is pretty active which really does wonders for a worried mama. Everytime she moves, I get reassured that she is okay. I had a doctors appointment today and just spent time pondering the chart that shows the anatomy of a pregnant woman. The fact that I am carrying a baby and that my two big boys were once in my belly just amazes me to no end. God is so good!
A funny little tidbit: Today as Dr. H measured my belly(I am right on at 32 weeks, Gavin I meausred several weeks ahead and Owen several weeks behind but they were nearly the same size at birth) he remarked about the scratches on my belly. I giggled a little and told him they were a product of Owen. He is such a funny little guy(in a strange way LOL) in that he just can't get enough of my belly. He just loves it and will pull up my shirt in public just to rub it. I don't let him rub me in public(it just looks weird) but at home I usually let him. He likes rubbing Eddie's belly, too and Grandma's. It is a comfort thing with him. He started it when he was several months old and still breastfeeding and I guess it just stuck.


This isn't Emma Kate. It is just a cute little 32 week baby that I found on a pregnancy website.

Week Thirty-Two
Your baby is up to 3.75 pounds (1702gm) now and is 16.7 inches (42.4cm) long.
You might notice she's not moving around as much now.
Don't worry! She is fine -- just running short on room. She still has plenty of growing to do though, believe it or not!
All five senses are working. Your little one is fascinated and practicing testing these out as much as possible!
Toenails are completely formed even though she may not be quite ready for a French manicure.
Hair on your infant's head continues to grow in. Will he have dad's black hair or your red hair?
Brain scans have shown that babies have periods of dream sleep (REM) starting around the eight month. What do you suppose your son is dreaming about?

2 comments:

Hope Floats said...

I can't wait to see your little girl. :)

Dani said...

Very exciting! It is getting SO close.