Tuesday, April 8, 2008

29 Weeks

I am officially in my third trimester. WooHoo! It is funny because I can rest my arms on my belly(there is no where else for them to go) and I can feel that she has bones. Early movement is more like bubbles popping inside your belly. Now, it feels like I have a newborn wrapped in a thick blanket on my lap and am feeling those movements that she makes. We are all so incredibly excited and can't wait for her to get here. I am having a baby shower on May 4th so things are moving very quickly.



Week Twenty-Nine
Your baby's head is in proportion with body now. He appears more like a newborn each and every day!
Fat continues to accumulate under the skin -- only now preparing for entering the *real world*.
Your baby's brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures.
His eyes can move in their sockets. Soon he will be able to follow a blinking light.
Your baby is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Various studies show that your baby may indicate preferences (or disdain) for particular tastes or odors at this stage
He is also moving from side to side
, but probably still is head up. In the next few weeks, he will move to the head down birthing position. At times you may feel as if he is performing somersaults for a circus act!
Her length is now approximately 15.2 inches (38.6cm) and weight is 2.54 pounds (1153gm)

(Emma Kate's weight exceeded this last Friday, she was dated at 29 weeks 5 days then)

1 comment:

Jess said...

It is flying by! You should post a belly pic. ;-)