Tuesday, April 15, 2008

30 Weeks




Ten weeks to go. Random strangers have begun making comments about my belly. They will either swear I am having a boy/girl or try to convince me that I am having twins since singletons cannot possibly make your belly this big. Eddie says I should just look at them dumbfounded and say, "I'm not pregnant!". I told him that while I get irritated, that I love talking about my baby to much to pretend that she isn't there just to have a great comeback.
I am trying to enjoy every moment of being pregnant as I know how drastically our life will change once she arrives. It is a lot easier to not worry this pregnancy. I am sure alot has to do with trying to keep in mind that God is in control(a LOT easier said than done) and the fact that she is way more active than the boys ever were.

Week Thirty
His head is getting larger to accommodate a period of rapid brain growth. Don't forget to continue to "teach" your baby in the womb by exposing to music, literature, and simply talking to him.
A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him. As he grows and fills your uterus, the amount of amniotic fluid will decrease. Funny, you certainly won't feel any lighter!
She spends more and more time practicing opening and closing eyelids. Her eyes can move from side to side, following a light source. She may even reach out to touch the light.
Early lanugo is beginning to disappear that served to protect your baby's skin from the water in the womb. Your little one's own hair may begin to appear.
Toenails are entering their final growth stage.
Bone marrow is now in charge of red blood cell production
. These red blood cells will continue to service your child's body by transporting oxygen and removing the wastes (carbon monoxide and other gases).
Your baby has the capability now to produce tears -- yes, within the womb.
By the end of this week, your baby is now 15.7 inches (39.9cm) long and weighs 2.91 pounds (1319gm).

1 comment:

Kristi Ann said...

Huge Congrats to making it to the third trimester! :)

I know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival if your beautiful baby girl! What a special journey you are about to take.

Enjoy every moment. And hugs to the boys!~