Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Kids' Rooms

We were scheduled for rain all weekend which made for a perfect weekend to finish the kids' rooms. I just needed to get a step-stool for the boys bed, hang their art, and touch up areas of their walls that have been dented and scuffed with toys. We also decided to paint Emma Kate's room pink. I picked out about 30 paint chips from Lowes and had Eddie pick up the paint on Saturday morning. I need to start off by stating that I like neutral colors. My entire house is painted the same color(which is called Sand 3, basically a beige with yellow tones). I love this color. However, having a little girl tickled some part of my brain into thinking she needs a pink room. Umm...I think I was wrong. We started off with only one wall. Even after three days of agonizing over it and feeling shocked each time I look into her room, I am ready to get out the trusty can of Sand 3 and cover it. Sigh...At least I made this decision. I know Eddie isn't happy about repainting that wall, but it will really just look better(IMO). He said I am afraid of color. I can agree with that. I am going to use a lot of pink and white accents so the room will still be girly, just not a piece of bubble gum in a house of sand. (New drama has unfolded, the sand paint in the can was semi-gloss instead of eggshell and Eddie didn't realize it until after he already painted.)
I am also sending back her bedding. I purchased a gorgeous and expensive quilt from Company Kids. It feel apart when I washed in on cold and tumble dried it on low, per directions on the care label. I am irritated about it because I used the debit so we won't see that money for about a month. I purchased a sweet quilt from TJMaxx yesterday and spent a total of 40.00 for the quilt and sham. I am actually more pleased with it over the Company Kids one. It is muted and just more, my style. I will just feel so much better when her room is finished.

Sunday, we went shopping and bought Emma Kate and Gavin new carseats(Gavin needed a booster), a bouncer(pink), a new boppy(I had one with Gavin and never used it and wished I had it with Owen since he nursed), a umbrella stroller(we have a double) and some decorations for Emma Kate's room. I hated spending that much money(it almost makes me feel physically ill) but we needed all that stuff before she gets here.

1 comment:

Julia said...

it's so much fun planning and shopping for little girls, isn't it?

i love the colors in her room :)