
Since last summer, Gavin has wanted to have long hair. I personally don't like buzz cuts on boys and prefer long hair myself so I agreed to let him grow it out. He wanted it to look like Prince Charming from Shrek

so that he could shake his head and it would fall from side to side. However, Gavin's hair is VERY thick and we have been battling the tangle fairy, plus it takes forever to dry. The no tangle spray works great, but I have been wanting to try a shorter hairstyle on him. Gavin finally begrudgingly agreed so I cut his hair this weekend. I took about 2-3 inches off of the top. I think we both almost shed some tears at the final result but after two days, we both love it. Eddie immediately loved it. I bought some hair gel this weekend which we are going to try out for church tomorrow. Gavin likes it spikey but it may need to be shorter to hold the style. It is still very heavy now and wants to lay flat.
After





4 comments:
Love it! And don't hit me, but I think it looks better shorter...
He's adorable!
Love the new hair! Grandma likes it too =) She says he's a "handsome DUDE..."
Really, he looks so cute with short hair Kristi! I think that you should keep it short. It makes him look more grown up.:)
I too like long hair on boys. He really looks cute both ways. I know the growing out phase is hard and some hair textures are harder!! I think the straighter the hair the harder it is to get passed a certain stage of hair.
I also agree that he looks older in short hair. How cute he wanted hair like Prince Charming lol!
Post a Comment