The boys LOVE to do crafts. I don't let them as often as I should because I am anal about the mess(I am trying really hard to work on this). However, I try to do something other than coloring at least once a week. Sometimes, we do play dough or paint or do stickers or stamps. This weekend at Walmart I found these cool masks. The boys LOVE to dress up. They also adore looking through my jewelry box at all the pretty "jewels"(mostly costume jewelry, but to the boys it is real treasure). They were ecstatic on Saturday evening when I started pulling the feathers, jewels, and glittery glue out of the bag.
They did a fantastic job on these. I love crafty things, but I want whatever they make to be with little to no parent involvement. The cutesy things they bring home from school is really great, but I want them to know that their effort is good enough and that doing it by themselves makes the art even more beautiful and special. The only involvement other than encouragement and praise was that I helped Owen place his jewels right-side up on the mask.
My original intention for the glittery glue was to use it to place the jewels on the mask creating a nice sparkly border around each one. However, Owen really took to the sparkle and wanted it everywhere. I think it made his mask even more beautiful than I had envisioned. The boys are true artists.




No comments:
Post a Comment