Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Spirituality of Children

Do you know what the best feeling in the world is? Besides hearing my children say to me, "I love you"; I love when they sing Christian songs. In my Deuteronomy Bible study last fall, I learned that you should sing, talk, walk, live, and breathe Jesus with your children. Teaching them in everything that you do. I am in no way a model of this example. However, I am striving to be as close as I can.
Today on the way to Grandma's house a song was playing on our Christian radio station and Owen was singing along; Fly Jesa, Fly Jesa, Live(Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus, Fly to Jesus and Live). Oh my goodness, those are the sweetest little words coming from his soft baby voice. Gavin does this too, All the time. Most of the time, a big lump forms in my throat as I am just so proud of my sweet babies and so proud and thankful to serve my Lord.

It is also a great testimony of God's love and power when your four year old prays for you to have a baby in your belly and God answers yes. This has given me many opportunities to share God with my little man. I want my kids to grow up and be happy and have wonderful lives with a wife, children, a home, and never have to want for anything; but most of all I want them to have Jesus. Afterall, without Jesus we have nothing.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Every night when we say our night night prayers we pray for a baby in my tummy too! Jacob wants a new baby so badly! Hopefully ours is coming soon! :)