Tuesday, November 13, 2007

8 Precious Weeks

So, I officially think that I will not be vomiting this pregnancy. This is such a welcome feeling since with Gavin I vomited several times a day, every day, until I was 16 weeks along. The downside, is that though I still feel yucky and weak and my boobs are so sore, I still worry that the baby isn't growing right and that I may have a miscarriage. My miscarriage scarred me more than I thought it would. I figured that once I hit five weeks, I would be fine. Then, I decided that I just needed to see the heartbeat. Now, I have convinced myself that once I hear the heartbeat(at my 11 week appointment), that I can rest assured. I still haven't told many people yet. My internet friends know, my parents know, my best friend knows, my pastor's wife, but that is it. Although, when I told my pastor's wife, several others heard so I am sure the whole church knows by now.
I know that whatever happens God will get me through it. I just hope I can rest and have peace and enjoy this precious pregnancy without worrying so much.


8 Week Milestones

Cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!
The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!
The tongue begins to develop
Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.

Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!
The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short
Baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)

No comments: