Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Tib posted a cute quiz on the message board we are on together about different Christmas traditions. It gave me inspiration to share those here. ;p Oh, how I love Christmas. Don't you?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, however I do like the cute felt bags with embellishments.
2. Real tree or artificial? We do an artificial. I love a real tree but I like a taller, skinnier tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgivng.
4. When do you take the tree down?Around New Year's
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes I love it. I have never had it with alcohol though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the year my parents got us a dog.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No, but I have the Willow Tree one picked out.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom, she is so selfless and will never give me hints on what she may want.
9. Easiest person to buy for?Gavin, he wants anything and everything.10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?Kmart clothes from my Stepgrandmother.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, emailing them is tacky.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November1
4. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but not recently.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?My mom's sausage and cheese balls.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear on the tree inside and colored lights outside.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to be home for Christmas. Especially with kids.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star or bow
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and the fight to find certain hot toys.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Driving around several nights a week in search of Christmas lights, with carols playing on the radio.
24. Up early or sleeping in? I would sleep in, but the kids won't allow it, of course.
25. Who hands out the gifts? I do
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Yes
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Yes, all season long.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? Cookies and milk for Santa and we leave a letter for him that is gone on Christmas morning. (Tib had the idea of leaving the reindeer carrotts which I think I may steal for this year).

Something we also do is have a little Birthday party for Baby Jesus on Christmas Eve with a cake and balloons.
Then we do an advent calendar for the month of December.

I just LOVE Christmas time.

No comments: