Thursday, August 23, 2007

School Days

Growing up, I LOVED searching for school supplies. The glittery stickers, cool pencils and pens, a new book bag and notebooks and fresh, crisp paper. One of my favorite things was the smell of a new binder. I just loved the new plastic smell. It was almost as great as that "new car" smell.

I have been really excited about the quest for school supplies for two boys this year. I want to create really good memories like this with them that will last forever. They are in preschool so most of their supplies are for classroom use.
Owen's list: Two white pillow cases(craft projects), glue sticks, baby wipes, anti-roll crayons(these things are not comfortable to hold at all), and a 4x6 picture of the monkey man(O-man).
Gavin's list: Thick Crayola markers, 8 glue sticks, a pencil box, safety scissors, Kleenex box, Large 16 ct Crayola crayons, and a 4x6 picture of my wild Pirate.

I purchased them new bookbags at the end of last year at a local monograming store. Owen's has a monkey on it(though I should have chosen the dumptruck one for him) and Gavin's boasts a pirate and sword(of course ;o) Everyday, Gavin says, "Oh mommy, I am soooo excited to go to my big-boy 'schoo' upstairs." Then Owen will chime in, "Baby coo" (since he is downstairs in the two-year class).

No comments: