Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sugary Sweet



"Sugar and spice and everything nice" is what my boys are made of. (88% anyway) I wonder if the person that came up with that saying even had sons. The boys are so very sweet; they like nothing better than hugs, kisses, and cuddles. (Owen is giving me kisses right now; nothing feels softer and sweeter than slobbery baby lips pressed against mine)


  • They are so polite; "Please", "Thank you", "Excuse me" (Owenese "Peese" "Taane Tu" "Coos See")

  • Gavin always says, "I love you so much, Mommy, Owen, or Daddy" just out of the blue.

  • Whenever I or Eddie leaves without them, Gavin always hollers out to "Be Careful".

  • They both have baby dolls and really 'care' for them. They hold them like 'real' babies, feed them, change their clothes. (They will make really good daddies.)

  • Gavin always watches out for Owen and tries to help him accomplish 'big boy' tasks such as: washing his hands, pee-peeing in the potty, putting on and taking off clothes, getting in and out of the bathtub, holding his hand in the store, showing him how to 'play' with the big boy toys, etc.

  • When I lost the baby, Gavin told me that he was going to "Ask God at church tomorrow, to put another baby in my belly so I wouldn't be sad anymore".

  • Gavin says that he is going to marry me. ;)

  • Owen has to touch someone while he sleeps, all.night.long. (I have mixed emotions on this)

  • Gavin will often give up a toy he really wants just so Owen won't cry.




No comments: