Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Reflections and Resolutions

Overall, 2007 was a really great year for me and my family. I am probably forgetting tons of things, but I have compiled a list of the Best and Worst of 2007.

Best
  • Gavin turned four and had a really awesome birthday party at the gymnastics studio.
  • He also spent most of this year wearing some type of costume. This kid loves to dress up, which makes Halloween very special for him.
  • Owen became really verbal this year and is starting to break out of his shy shell(just a little)
  • I reached my 21 month breastfeeding milestone with Owen. This is a really big accomplishment for me.
  • We had such a great time indulging in summer treats such as strawberries and watermelon.
  • Owen celebrated his second birthday with trucks and swimming.
  • Gavin taught himself to swim and is a true merman. Everyone at the pool remarked on how little he is to swim so well(and he is very tall for his age). Even little Owen would jump off the side of the pool into our arms.
  • Owen started his first year of school. I love both the boys teachers this year.
  • Eddie and I celebrated our 7th anniversary.
  • I finally got pregnant.
  • I had a great first trimester with minimal sickness.
  • My best friend had the sweetest baby girl ever. I was able to see her right after she was born.
  • Eddie got a great teaching job which gives us extra money to pay bills and buy things we want and need.
  • I started my job at the beginning of 2007 and I LOVE it!
  • Christmas was the best this year.
  • Gavin began eating shrimp.
  • I have grown spiritually this year especially because of my miscarriage.

Worst

  • Annette(my step-grandmother) died.
  • I lost my baby.
  • I have had a fallen out with one of my friends.
  • Another fallen out with my in-laws occured and has not and may never be resolved.

I am looking forward to what I hope will be a fabulous year(though I am scared of the November election results).

Resolutions

I want to do a better job at performing random acts of kindness to perfect strangers. (You don't want to know what Eddie thought of this idea; if you know him you can probably guess. LOL)

Have this baby and establish a great breastfeeding relationship like I had with Owen.

Open our home up to different families in our church that I woud love to get to know better. (My goal is to host one person a month starting in February. We have to get through Gavin's birthday stuff first. )

Both of the boys are becoming strong-willed, so I need to learn how to deal with it and do a better job than I am doing right now.

I want to do a better job of raising the boys in a Christ centered home.

No comments: